When you search the yellow pages or the internet looking for a company to do business with....what ads catch your eye 1st? The BIG company's ads? The companies who have a BIG advertising budget? Where does that money come from? Simply put -- CUSTOMERS - the people who pay their high prices.
When you drive around the city, you will see BIG pest vehicles driving around and on t.v. the big companies are running ads about their BED BUG SNIFFING DOGS. Again -- who pays for dogs that average $11,000 each and the big heat trailers that run $40,000-75,000??
Their CUSTOMERS do!
ARE BED BUG SNIFFING DOGS NECESSARY???
The key to bed bug control is FINDING THEM FAST & STARTING TREATMENT IMMEDIATELY if they are present!
If a company tells you their dog is 100% effective, be vary wary. NO dog (or human) is 100% effective in detecting bed bugs, and some are much less so.
The most important thing for customers to know is that bed bug sniffing dog "alerts" need to be visually verified!
IF A DOG "ALERTS" to bed bugs -- THE ONLY WAY TO VERIFY if there are actual bed bugs present is for a VISUAL INSPECTION. WHO does the visual inspection? A HUMAN! Bed Bugs are NOT so little they can't be seen by a human - regardless of their pest knowledge. (SEE PICTURE BELOW) YOU could find bed bugs if you knew what to look for!
KEYS TO MANAGE A BED BUG INFESTATION:
1. INSPECTION - a thorough inspection by a trained pest control technician
2. IDENTIFICATION - correctly identifying the infestation
3. CLEAN, REDUCE & DISCARD - cleaning and reducing clutter in the room(s) is ESSENTIAL and sometimes discarding items all together is necessary if they cannot be encased inside a protective cover
4. TREAT IMMEDIATELY - there are MULTIPLE ways to treat for bed bugs
5. VIGILANCE & PREVENTION - keep monitoring the situation by using a pest pro with EXPERIENCE (Eddie has 19 years of professional experience BTW). Do your own inspections when you travel, keep clutter to a minimum and be wary of purchasing/taking gifted USED furniture/mattresses!
BED BUGS ARE CHALLENGING PESTS TO CONTROL......
PERIOD!!! They hide in MANY places in the infested areas so effective & thorough treatments are so important! AND STARTING SERVICE IMMEDIATELY IS VERY IMPORTANT, TOO!! (Call a BIG company in town and ask how long their wait to treat is. Often times, you will have to wait for WEEKS!)
USE A PRO!!! Insecticides alone won’t control bed bug infestations. Their use must be combined with a program of removing and cleaning infested beds, bedding, and other harborage sites then following up with a regular detection program to ensure treatment was effective. The most effective bed bug pesticides are available to commercial pesticide applicators only. Professionals also have the equipment and expertise that allow a more effective application of insecticides than residents could do themselves. In addition, professionals have the training to detect and isolate infestations, which often allows for more effective control.
CALL C&C HOME SERVICES TODAY if you think you have a potential bed bug infestation! 515-537-7752. Our overhead is low -- everything we have is PAID FOR -- so we don't have to pass on additional costs to our customers!!
Doubts Rise on Bedbug-Sniffing Dogs" NY Times